I'm back...and Nevada said yes!

5:02 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

I'm baaaaaaack!


Yes, it is me, the Weed Kween, returned from a too-long hiatus! How's it hangin', fam?!

Life sure has a funny way of throwing curveball after curveball, doesn't it? I've been catching them left and right lately and as it unfortunately happens, my greatest hobby (cannabis) took a backseat for a while. I left a bad relationship and found a much better one. I moved into my own place for the first time in my adult life. I got a promotion! Life kept coming and coming and even though the changes I've made are all positive and great, I still felt like a part of me was missing. I missed weed.

I'm a medical patient, so I've smoked even during my hiatus (less a few weeks when I was trying a new medication--it didn't pan out, and weed is still #1). I visited Washington and Oregon and sampled their amazing bud, I introduced my friends to some of my favourite products & told them everything I know about terpines and cannabanoid profiles (and learned a little more, too!) But I wasn't writing.

It was actually my current partner who encouraged me to get back on board, after a night of too many cups of wine and a few tasty bowls (this week's strain of choice is definitely 24k--keep an eye out for my review!) Despite the costs that come with running your own blog, the time commitments and the stigma & questions of legality that come with being an online cannabis activist...it's something I love, and something I feel passionate about continuing. Discovering cannabis and sharing it with others has been one of the things I've enjoyed most in adulthood, and I'm excited to announce I'm back at it, for good.

The Weed Kween has returned!


But enough on me for a second, let's touch on the most important thing that's happened in the few months I've been gone...

Nevada voted yes on Question 2!

If you're not from Nevada or you aren't politically active you might have missed this momentous decision, but this year in addition to choosing our next president & some of our local reps, we got to vote on whether or not to approve recreational cannabis use for adults over 21. And it passed! Question 2 passed with a 54.5% approval.

Hearing the decision was a moment I don't think I'll ever forget. This election year was rough (ask anyone--I'll keep the politics as weed-related as I can, but I think we can all agree it was a shit show this year), but hearing this decision made my heart soar. 

I've been fortunate to afford a medical card and everything that comes with consuming cannabis legally (at least on a state-level). However, I know a lot of people who aren't so lucky. Since "coming out" about my cannabis use, I've made so many connections with fellow stoners, many of whom aren't as lucky as me. Lots of my friends cannot afford the lengthy and expensive process that comes with the medical registry and rely on street-dealers to get their products. Many others recognize the benefits of marijuana and want to try themselves, but are weary of trying to find products out and about. 

I've always believed that cannabis should be accessible to all. Everyone should have the right to choose how they medicate, or relax, or explore their souls, or entertain their friends. Marijuana shouldn't be limited to those with the "worst of the worst" conditions, or those with a pocket of cash. 

The passage of Question 2 not only means that my friends will be able to consume safely and legally, but that anyone can, too. It means that our money will support our schools, and our roads, and catching the real criminals--not supporting cartels and locking up dimebag dealers. It means there will be more jobs for people like me. It means less opioid addictions and overdoses. It means less pain, less anger, less negativity. And that sounds good to me!

Nevada will legalize marijuana on January 1, 2017, but we still have a long road ahead. Those who don't have a medical card still won't be able to go to the dispensaries until the middle or end of next year, since all dispensaries will have to re-register for recreational licenses (I will continue to hold my medical card, although as of this writing, I'm not sure what benefits that will grant me once recreational sales are online). Having watched this process in Washington and Colorado, I'm very excited to see how the Silver State will rise to the challenge and what our 420 climate will look like in the coming years. And of course, I'm here to share it with you, every step of the way.

Until next time!


1 comments:

Write comments
medicalkush2
AUTHOR
August 30, 2018 at 8:40 AM delete

Buy marijuana, cannabis oil, kush, 420 ,weed here without prescription at www.medsshop.org
We are a group of growers dedicated to providing you with best quality of medical marijuana strains . For over 4 years we have been helping people buy the very best marijuana strains ie the world’s best weed strains. Our strains are grown indoor only and we sell at affordable prices. We offer shipping and delivery within the US, Europe and Canada. Long term and regular buyers are given great discount. Same day delivery is guaranteed depending on buyers location. Maximum delivery time out state is 48hrs

www.medsshop.org
Tel: 720 523 5833
Email: medsshop24hours@gmail.com
Email: medsshop24hours@protonmail.com

Reply
avatar