culture | same day MMJ cards?!

6:57 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Hey gang--

Hope you're all having a great week. I've been in a bit of a funk lately myself. I guess it's just that time of year, but I'm just taking life one day and one bowl at a time (how else?!)

If you hadn't yet heard, the Nevada State Division of Public and Behavioural Health has just expanded and opened a second card processing location here in Vegas, at 2300 W Sahara Suite 800. The site will process medical marijuana card applications for Nevada residents, and the best part? They say they'll approve same day! 



What?!

If you've been around for a while or if you're an OG cardholder then you know this is huge! They've been streamlining the process and it's true that even a month after I got my card the process improved significantly but even then it still took a month or more for patients to get approval. There is no grace period wherein you can legally consume before your application is approved, so back in the day many patients would have to go without--or risk getting arrested--while they waited to become legal. No good!

This improvement is not only great for them but a positive sign for the movement as a whole. Nevada has recognized how many people will benefit from this program--certainly more than who benefit from prohibition--and they are making steps towards what may surely be recreational legalization in the fall. 


There are, of course, many roadblocks left before the system is truly accessible to all. The application process is expensive and there are few opportunities for need-based grants. However, as we continue to expand this community, I think we will find that all the pieces fall into place. 

I'm off to do a few dabs of Agent Orange and see about some onion rings...drop me a comment below and let me know your thoughts on the new location! Until next time xx