strain review | lil sebastian

5:18 PM 5 Comments A+ a-


Lil Sebastian
Indica-Dominant Hybrid
22% THC
Grown by Deep Roots Harvest
$18/g from Oasis Medical Cannabis

The funny thing about my trips to Oasis is it seems like they're never planned--for one reason or another, I just happen to be in the area. Such was the case last night, when Thrive's preview event was winding down and I realized I was five minutes away. I decided to pop in and see what's new.

I was meeting up with friends that night, so I asked the budtender for a recommendation on a strain that would be a hit for a crowd. I'm used to picking strains depending on my needs, because I know my body and I know what sets me off. It's different when you're smoking with a crowd, particularly if your crowd might include inexperienced or new smokers. I wanted to make sure I had a strain everybody would like.

The budtender showed me Lil Sebastian, a strain that's just arrived (or restocked) at Vegas dispensaries. It's grown by Deep Roots Harvest, who grows my favourite strain, Pineapple Express, along with GSC, Gorilla Glue #4 and others, so I already had a feeling I'd love it. 

Lil Sebastian is a cross of Casper OG and Fruity Pebbles. It's name is a nod to Parks & Recreation and the mini horse that became the unofficial mascot of Pawnee (5000 Candles in the Wind, anyone?) She assured me that this is relaxing strain, but not fully sedative, and that its pain-relieving effects were sure to be a hit with everyone. The back of the bag describes it as "energetic, creative, uplifting," so I decided to give it a shot. 



The eighth I picked up was about a half-dozen moderate-sized buds, which is personally my preference (I like smaller buds I can break up and use all at once). It's a fluffy, light green bud with a few orange hairs and sprinkled with crystals. Definitely a pretty bud, but how about the smell and taste?

I'm happy to report both were very fresh to me, kind of piney--it reminded me of the air in a forest, the kind you can't help but fill your lungs with. That's kind of how I felt about this strain: it hits pretty smooth, so I could take pretty big hits, and it was easy enough for newbies to smoke without dying.


I smoked this strain and felt the effects pretty quickly, although they certainly weren't intense. I felt the uplifting, cheerful vibe from the Fruity Pebbles but also felt the relaxation of the Casper OG. I'd been having a pretty shitty day, but a few tokes had me engrossed in a movie and laughing with my friends and generally feeling pretty good. When I went home I found it was an easy transition to sleep. 

The next day I smoked this on my patio while attending to my little garden, and found it very comfortable and relaxing. I didn't feel "zombified," but my back and shoulders didn't ache bending over, and I felt very relaxed and in tune my garden. Lil Sebastian doesn't seem to be a damper on productivity; quite the opposite, I felt a lot more involved in my projects after I smoked. 

Although this isn't a lower-THC strain, I think it's a great introductory strain to medical cannabis for those who haven't medicated before. It's not a "scary high" at all and seems difficult to get "too high" on this one (believe me, I tried.) It offers the pain relief and mood elevation that we love from our cannabis, but it kind of works in the background, making everything better without giving you that overwhelming sensation of being high. This is a great daytime strain and would make an excellent companion to something like Kosher Tangie (for a more upbeat, on the go day) or Vanilla Kush (for a day like today, when it's rainy and gray and you just wanna nap on the couch and watch Netflix). It's a versatile strain and definitely a hit with me! 

Come back every Saturday for Saturday Strains, where I'll be reviewing a new Vegas-bought strain every week! 

5 comments

Write comments
October 4, 2017 at 11:23 AM delete

In the event that you feel that pot is contrarily affecting your life, at that point let Cannabis Coach offer assistance.
Cannabis Stores in sacramento

Reply
avatar
atif xhaikh
AUTHOR
July 13, 2018 at 4:36 AM delete

Hi, I find reading this article a joy. It is extremely helpful and interesting and very much looking forward to reading more of your work..
Dispensaries Near Me

Reply
avatar
Edward
AUTHOR
March 5, 2019 at 2:59 AM delete

TEXT: +1 (209) 694-4529 WE GOT TOP GRADE MEDICAL MARIJUANA STRAINS, RICK SIMPSON Oil, RSO, HEMP OIL, DISTILLATE CARTRIDGES, HEMP SEED OILS, SHATTER, HASH OIL , BHO, HONEY OIL, EARWAX, HEMP OILS THC OILS, MARIJUANA SUBLINGUAL SPRAYS, VAPE PENS CARTRIDGES AND EDIBLES FOR SALE AT

Got Flowers like Sour Diesel, Moon Rock, GrandDaddy Purple,OG Kush, Sour Og Kush, Green Crack, Jack Dream, AK-47, Purple Kush, Bubba Kush, Bubblegum Kush,Blueberry,Purple-Skunk, Master Kush, Purple Haze,Banana Kush,pineapple express, Orange kush,Night Queen,Big Bud, Cheese, BlueDream, White Russia, White Widow, G13….

TEXT: +1 (209) 694-4529

Wickr…. cannabistrader

WEBSITE: https://cannabitrader.com/

HASH OILS FOR SALE
Raw Distillates
Black oil,
Indian oil,
red oil,
honey oil,
cherry leb oil
Afghani oil
Organic Hemp Oil 16 fl oz Liquid
Kosher Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Oil 8 OZ
Hemp Oil Essential Fatty Acid
WAX OIL
Shatter
BUTANE OIL
GORILLA glue
And we sell at :
Our oils are goods for pain, cancers, insomnia and others diseases.

OUR OILS ARE OF HIGH THC AND CBD, POTENCY AND CONCENTRATION OF PURITY 99.9%. WE ALSO HELP PATIENTS GET THE RIGHT QUALITY AND STRAIN OF OIL OR MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR THE TREATMENT OF THEIR HEALTH PROBLEM.WE ALSO SELL OUT THE CANNABIS OIL WITH A GUIDE MANUAL WITH THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS HEALTH ISSUES WITH CANNABIS OIL.

We guarantee the safety passage of your package ,all our packages are customized and ~~~~~~~~~~ sealed packages this means that they are custom free. We offer triple vacuum seal and stealth package on all orders so it can’t be scent detected by canine (dogs) or electronic sniffers, We do provide refunds or replace your order if there is a failure in delivering.

Text: +1 (209) 694-4529
Wickr: cannabistrader
Email: sales@cannabitrader.com
Website: https://cannabitrader.com

Reply
avatar
williams420
AUTHOR
July 30, 2019 at 10:08 AM delete

whtsapp:+13232503649
website:www.recreationalmarijuanashop.com
High Quality cancer cannabis oil and top shelf marijuana for patients with illness like cancer, pain, insomnia, anxiety, liver problem, epilepsy and more. Good Stuff Available I’m
allowed over 10 pounds in my possession. I am looking to supply a min of 1 oz of the following strains to anyone who wants grade AAA med. Below are the strains we have .we do discreet BlueDream, White Russia, White Widow, G13….
HASH OILS FOR SALE
Raw Distillates,Black oil,Indian oil,red oil,Kosher Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Oil 8 OZ
and no signatures during delivery. the parcel has no label indicating it is carrying the 420. We do give high discounts for orders above 2 to 3 pound. Our minimum
whtsapp:+13232503649
website:www.recreationalmarijuanashop.com
email:jemealwillians@gmail.com

Reply
avatar
Ink Drop
AUTHOR
April 17, 2021 at 5:07 AM delete

Buy Real Driver's License Online

We produce Unique Real Registered Documents with Best Quality Novelty.
All our documents are undetectable and will pass all Ultraviolet light Test
such documents includes:
-Passport
-Drivers License
-National Identification Card
-Resident Permit
-Visa/Invitation
-Diploma Certificate
-Bank Statement and many more.....

What's App Number +447520660907
Email Us:- inkdrop121@gmail.com

Reply
avatar