product review | aquablis & canna energy

5:52 PM 3 Comments A+ a-


I'm a creature of habit. I think most of us are, to some degree, but I've got it bad. I try to diversify my dispensary visits--did it for the 'gram, or in this case, did it for the blog--but outside of that, I shop at the same places day in and day out. I've been visiting the same Target for a year, the same Smith's for a year, and I've been going to the same smoke shops (shout out to Trenton on Charleston and Budget on Cheyenne!) since I got my card. 

Because of that, I don't discover a lot of new products in my day to day life; that is, unless I happen to see it on social media, I may well be totally oblivious to something new. 

I was really stoked about Hempfest for this very reason. As I mentioned in my Hempfest write up, it was open to the public, so not only did I get a chance to visit with my favourite dispensary staffs, I also became privy to products that I may have never seen before. 

Such was the case with CannaLife. 

About an hour and a half into my exploration of Hempfest I stumbled upon the CannaLife booth where they were handing out free samples. Uh, hello! I'm all about the free stuff! 

CannaLife is locally distributed, though they are based in Denver. They currently sell two beverages in Vegas, the Aquablis CBD water and Canna Energy (both are THC free). I decided to grab a couple bottles and let you guys know what I think. 


The first one I tried was the CBD water. Since it doesn't have any THC in it, I thought it would be nice to drink while I had my last smoke of the night and watched Game of Thrones (BTW...can we talk about Game of Thrones?!?!?! this season has me TRIPPIN!)

They have a few different flavours, but the one I picked was strawberry. The product itself is basically flavoured water infused with CBD, and it tastes virtually identical to the fruit infused waters I make at home. It's pretty damn good!

I definitely felt refreshed after drinking this but I don't know that that has anything to do with the CBD (I'll explain more below.) I have a million and one water bottles and generally don't care to buy more water (if I'm getting a bev its gonna be a soda or tea!) but the sample I got during Hempfest was super refreshing, so I would definitely grab a bottle at the next event. 

The bottle is one 8 fl oz serving and runs about $2. 


I saved this little guy for Tuesday morning, since I always struggle a little extra at the start of the week. I usually drink a couple cuppas during the day, but decided to replace my morning Starbucks with this. 

Again, these products contain no THC, so I wasn't concerned about drinking this on the job--however, the packaging isn't very discreet, so I was forced to put this in a more nondescript container (my job doesn't take any issue to what I choose to do after hours but it seems like a poor choice to saunter in with a can covered in pot leaves. What can I say, I like to eat.) 

I picked the Mango flavour to try, and absolutely loved it. The taste actually kind of reminds me of the Izze clementine sodas, if you've ever had those. Very uplifting and refreshing. I felt energized after drinking it but not as shaky as I do after, say, a can of Redbull. This drink has 120mg of caffeine in it, which is actually comparable to Redbull, but unlike the water I think the hemp in this product kinda mellows out the energy boost. 

{ non medicated brownie from my colleague + CannaEnergy + my guardian gnome makes for a good Tuesday morning! }

An hour or so after I drank this I did have a little bit of an upset stomach, and around 3 my head started to pound (I drank it at 9). That's pretty typical for me when I drink an energy drink and unfortunately even the hemp couldn't save me from that. However, it did the trick that morning and as far as energy drinks go, I'm much more likely to drink one with CBD benefits than one without. 

This drink comes in a 12 oz container and costs about $2.50 a can. 

Though these were tasty beverages, I have to admit I'm still a little skeptical about their medicinal benefits. CBD is definitely beneficial--I'll be talking a bit about it and the other cannabanoids on Wednesday--but, as I'm reminded by Coral Reefer's latest Stoney Sunday sesh, most of our CBD research relies on THC-derived CBD, not hemp-derived, and that most of this research pairs the CBD with THC. They need one another to be effective! Is it possible to benefit from hemp-derived CBD drinks? I have no idea, but it certainly can't hurt. 

Both of these drinks are legal to all consumers and are currently available at smoke shops all over Las Vegas (and presumably neighboring areas). edit: these are also available online through Amazon if you don't live near a distributor or would rather order in bulk. If you're in town, grab a can and let me know what you think. Until next time! xx

3 comments

Write comments
October 4, 2017 at 12:05 PM delete

It can enable you to stop smoking maryjane effortlessly. With the Cannabis Coach 100% achievement rate and 100%, 8 week unconditional promise, you have Cannabis Stores in sacramento literally nothing to lose - aside from your habit.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
June 3, 2018 at 8:34 AM delete

Cannabinoids may be promising tools in combination therapy for breast and prostate cancer, due to their direct antitumor effects, cbd vape oil

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
May 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM delete

Testimony on how i received my programmed blank atm card to withdraw a maximum of $5,000 daily.

I would without reservation recommend working with ATM GENIUS LINKS, My Name is Rodriguez Puyol. Programmed Blank Atm Card is no longer a news or a new trend I've been reluctant in purchasing this blank Atm Card all because of what i heard about it online everything seems too good to be true, But i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got a Programmed Blank Atm Card from ATM GENIUS LINKS & today we both confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Ever since then I've been able to make a with-drawer of $5,000 daily from the Programmed Atm Card. I'm so excited that ever since i ordered & paid for delivery of the Programmed Atm Card, I didn't get scammed & now i have been able to arrange my life with this Programmed Atm Card, I own a House & a business now kindly contact them today for more inquiries and enlightenment via E-mail: atmgeniuslinks@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1-781-656-7138.

Your Satisfaction is there Aim and your working with them will be of a good experience, kindly contact them today for more inquiries and enlightenment via E-mail: atmgeniuslinks@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1-781-656-7138.

Reply
avatar