culture | 2nd annual patient choice awards

1:47 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi all! Hope you're having a safe and happy Memorial Day with those you love. I know I'm enjoying the nice weather and extra time off!

This weekend I had the honour of attending the 2nd annual Patient Choice Awards, which is basically a huge sesh by patients and for patients. It's a safe place to medicate, to try new products and to network with others. It was a blast! The best part to me was that a lot of the patients there make medicated products themselves, so even though it's not available in dispensaries yet I got to sample a ton of goodies! It really makes me hopeful for more events like this, since it's obvious I've only scratched the surface on everything Vegas MMJ has to offer. (I also got a TON of free dabs and a hit off a Thai stick. Thanks to everyone who smoked me out!) 

{ all this stuff was included in the goodie bag! }

There were awards as well, and at 7:10 they officially smoked out the building with a quarter pound Jay and a 28 gram slab. Holy shit!

I of course got WAY too stoney and didn't get nearly enough pics but wanted to share a few of what I got!

{ they gave me my first free dab. I hope to meet up with them again and try some more because their shit was fire! }

{ this was my first taste of canna syrup or "lean" and I loved it! I'm not a party girl, I don't do any other drugs or drink but this was tasty as shit.}

{ DEFINITELY gonna hit them up. the topicals are some of the best smelling and they feel great! }

{ I saw a demo for this vape and loved it, I couldn't buy that day but they did give me a coupon so you might see a review for it soon! }

That's only the first floor! Down the stairs there was a restaurant and a kickass lounge to sit and smoke with friends. It was pretty trippy!


The highlight item for me were the Imperial Edibles medicated nachos (which of course I didn't get a picture of). I'm lactose sensitive but the THC must have helped my tummy process the cheese because it handled like a champ!

It already looks like PCA is planning another event later this fall and I will definitely be back! (hopefully this time with more cash so I can pick up some treats) I also think I'll try and go with a group next time--I stopped in alone and while everyone was super friendly I think this would be a fun event for the whole crew. 

If you attended, let me know what your fave part was! And if you'll be going again, or for the first time, let me know--lets meet up and smoke! Have a good holiday weekend, friends!