personal / culture | local happenings & a new feature

10:19 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

High, friends! Hope you're having a great week. I'm loving the warm weather, it's so nice to come home and smoke a bowl outside with my cactus plants.

There are a lot of interesting events coming up in the community this month, and I thought tonight would be a good night to lay out the calendar. Without further ado--



Cloud Wars Glass Class
May 18, 7pm
Community Oasis Center, 1800 Industrial Road

Ever wondered what's so special about American glass? New to smoking and not sure what all these fancy pieces do? Cloud Wars Smoke Shop is hosting a FREE seminar on May 18 for anyone interested in learning more about glass products. 



Baking for Legalization
May 21, 6-10pm
Community Oasis Center, 1800 Industrial Road

Las Vegas NORML Women's Alliance is hosting Baking for Legalization, an evening dedicated to sweets & activism. This meeting is presented by supporters of Yes on Question 2, the motion to legalize recreation marijuana in 2016. Come out and learn more about how YOU can be a part of the journey to legalization! This is an OPEN event (meaning non-patients are encouraged to attend!)

{ they have even more sponsors attending now! }

Patient Choice Awards
May 28 & 29
TBD

The second annual Las Vegas Patient Choice Awards is set for Memorial Day weekend and it's looking lit! This is a patient-only event that will include exhibits, competitions and a variety of vendors--it's my first PCA, but I'm really looking forward to getting another glimpse at the local flavour. Plus, the gift bags themselves are well worth the fee! If you're interested in attending this event, you can visit their Instagram @patientchoiceawardsmmj. Med card verification is required before the event.

Now, on another track...


I wanted to let you guys know about something else that's really exciting in Weed Kween land...I've decided to launch a new feature!

I smoked cannabis for the first time when I was in high school, but didn't begin to use it medicinally until just a few years ago. When I first started to use cannabis, I was overwhelmed! It turns out there is a LOT to smoking weed. How do I get the weed, first of all? What kind should I get? How much do I pay? What do I smoke it with? What about edibles, or topicals, or dabs? 

While I try to experiment with as many  products as possible, and share my experiences here with you, I feel like it's time to go "back to basics" in a sense and circle back to some of those questions I had as an early weed smoker. After all, in a few short months, Nevada may decide to legalize recreationally, which could mean a LOT of new smokers in the southwest.

I know it can be an intimidating topic, and I'm here to help. Every Wednesday I'm going to bring you my new feature, Fresh Buds, in which we'll explore all the questions the new patient may have. I encourage my experienced smokers to join in the dialogue and provide wisdom and support to everyone on their paths!

That's all for tonight...I've got a bowl to finish and some Netflix to marathon! Have a good night!