products | kush cargo monthly subscription box

8:42 AM 0 Comments A+ a-



disclaimer:
I bought this box myself, with my own money. I was not compensated or encouraged by Kush Cargo to do this review. 

I picked up the Kush Cargo box, honestly, on a whim. I had heard a lot about subscription boxes, mostly negative--a lot of sources I trust said that the price compared to what you get (often cheap, mass produced products) really doesn't add up, and for that reason I never subscribed. 

However, KC had a sweet deal going this month, in honour of 4/20--their usual subscription boxes came packed with a mini bubbler (for the flower smokers), a mini rig (for the concentrate smokers), or both if you get the combination box. The combo box itself ran about $55 (including shipping) for a nonrenewing, one month sub, but I figured if I was getting both glass pieces I'd at least make my money up there, so I ordered!

The box arrived the day after 4/20, which was both good timing (I have a ton of weed left over from great sales) and shitty (I would have loved to break in my new junk on the holiday). Shipping was pretty fast, though, and the package arrived completely safe, so brownie points for that. 

As I mentioned I ordered the combo box, since I'm a combination patient. KC makes three subscription boxes every month: one for patients who medicate with flower (to include things like pipes and rolling papers), one for patients who medicate with concentrates (with things like dabbers and silicon containers), and one for patients who do both. 

Packaging for this box, which I did not photograph (I was too excited to open!) was okay in the sense that nothing arrived broken. The glass was bubble wrapped and packaged separately. However, unlike other subscription boxes I've received for YEARS, KC's April box wasn't packaged together--it was one big box with two smaller boxes inside (for the glass items) and the rest floating around inside. This is great in the sense that extra materials won't go to waste in a landfill, but I'll admit I like the presentation of a subscription box packed neatly into a smaller box, with a packing list and all. Oh well, personal qualms aside...



The contents of my April KC box were:
• 1 Grav pendant rig w/ quartz nail
• 1 Grav flower bubbler
• 1 dab container 
• 1 RAW lighter
• 1 package RAW hemp wick (I probably won't ever have to buy my own hemp wick because it's the freebie in literally every weedy order I place)
• 1 pack strawberry Juicy Jay's 
• a fuckton of random slaps

To start with the glass, the most exciting part...I was right, it alone was worth the cash (which is great, since it's the bulk of what I got). I'm a novice dabber and the rig is actually my second rig ever so I was stoked to get it. It's small but it packs a lot of power and gave me a clean, smooth dab. 



The bubbler is equally impressive, although as a personal pet peeve I can't stand a water piece whose bowl won't come away for cleaning. However, it was easy to light (I was worried I might burn myself but I didn't), took strong hits and cleared easily. Not to mention, both pieces feel pretty thick and sturdy--not that I make a habit of abusing my glass, but accidents happen and I think these would hold up better than some of my more expensive glass. 



Beyond the glass, though, I was kind of disappointed. The remaining items kind of seemed like afterthoughts--"what else do stoners like? let's toss in some papers and uh, yeah, everyone needs a lighter...andddd...some hemp wick...and let's not forget the promo, give her 10 stickers." Don't get me wrong, they're all vital to the every day smoker, but it just seemed so bland. I was really hoping for new shit I hadn't tried before--I can buy lighters and Jays at nearly any smoke shop in town!

The dab container is the one exception. Like I said, I'm a pretty new dabber, and over 4/20 I bought several grams of different strains and consistencies basically to give it a try--however, at least in the state of Nevada, most concentrated come on a piece of wax paper inside a little plastic bag, which was both a pain to store and aesthetically displeasing. I was super stoked on this product because I can store a few of my favourite products in the silicon containers. It also looks like it has a holder for your dabber? I'm not totally sure that's what that's for but that's what I'm using it for and I dig it. I will definitely use this if I have to travel with dabs. 

I will be interested to try this box again--maybe next month--to see how the content differs during a non-holiday month. It's my understanding that KC doesn't usually include glass, so I think by including a higher-end product they may have had to forego the small, cool little things that I was looking forward to most. I'm not disappointed in this sub--I'd be crazy to be, with that sweet glass--but I will be interested to see what they offer in future boxes. Forever keeping my fingers crossed for one of those glass blunts! 

Do you subscribe to Kush Kargo or any 420-themed subscription boxes?? What's your favorite item from a subscription box?? Let me know in the comments!